What does the Operations track cover?
The Operations track can supplement your healthcare-related curriculum with courses focused on relevant, practical skills to help you succeed as an industry leader. You’ll explore areas such as project management, finance and decision making, with specific emphasis on their unique applications within the clinical research field.
Courses in the Operations track can help you:
- Develop the skills to oversee a project and lead it to a successful outcome
- Enhance your ability to assess the factors that can influence the performance of a clinical trial
- Gain competency in applying tools and techniques to assist in financial decision-making and budget management
How many credits are required?
The online MS in Clinical Research Management consists of 13 courses totaling 35 credit hours. You can complete the entire curriculum in as few as 20 months. The program includes:
- 11 credit hours in foundation courses
- 14 credit hours in core courses
- 4 credit hours in Operations track courses
- 6 credit hours of capstone experience
Operations track courses (4 credit hours)
Operations Track Courses
Our online MS in Clinical Research Management is designed for working professionals who aspire to build on their knowledge base to help advance their careers. That’s why our admissions process takes into consideration your work experience as well as your educational background.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Personal statement
- A written statement offers you a chance to tell us about yourself and why you wish to pursue a Masters in Clinical Research Management degree at Wake Forest. We anticipate that applicants may have diverse backgrounds and this statement will allow you to better describe your unique experience. For example, applicants may be recent undergraduates, individuals who have been in the work force for several years and looking to transition into a new career, or individuals working in an area related to clinical research management and looking to enhance or expand their training in this area. If you are coming from one of those backgrounds or a different one, please use this statement to describe why you are applying to this program and what you wish to accomplish with this degree. Please include information on any area of special interest within the program, previous experience while working or volunteering in a related field, and how the degree aligns with your present career plans. Special thought and consideration should be made to this statement. Please limit your response to no more than 500 words.
- An optional short audio or video statement may be uploaded that describes why you wish to pursue a degree in Clinical Research Management at Wake Forest.
- Transcript(s) from any school from which a degree was granted – Unofficial transcripts may be used for review, but official transcripts are required to enroll.
- Letters of recommendation – 3 letters are required.
- Resume/curriculum vitae.
- Attestation of readiness for online learning.
- Application fee ($100).